Monday, November 23, 2009

My new hat



I was tired of my old hat. So I took a knife to it and removed the old braid and feathers. Then I added new more luxuriant braid of a far superior quality. I kept the Ostrich plumes and my clan badge.

Currently the hat is at the limit of what would have been available in the 1690's. Its rear is not turned up like the sides. It also has a black and gold hat band. I got in a big trouble doing this. For it was late one night and I marked up the marble floor in the rotunda and Vaux le Vicomte with my knife while adjusting said hat. Luckily Madame Fouqet was most aggreable to forgiving me once I educated her in the finer ars le Amour. (This is appocryphal. In truth I was in danger of losing my hat to the steward. The requiste bribe did the trick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment