Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A letter from my boss

My boss has sent for me. A letter to that effect was waiting for me in the hand of M. D'Orgeron at Freeport on Tortuga. There is an East Indianman on its way to Europe that is leaving tonight on th ebb tide. So off I go. I have instructed Captain Patrick Fyre to take command of the Nemesis in my stead and see to the repairs. If I do not return he can keep her and make what use of the ship he can.

In the letter M. La Comte states that he is residing at Vaux Le Vicomte and that I need to meet him there. He is a friend of Madame Fouquet and tends to visit often. I am sent for very infrequently so I am very interested in what he has to tell me in person that cannot be conveyed by letter.

Here is the Comte and Comtesse the last time I saw them.



Here is Madame Fouquet. She does not seem overly distraught over the fate of her husband who is rotting in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment